Positive workplace relationships are a crucial part of a successful career.
It’s true that you only get one chance to make a good first impression, so make it count each time you are offered the opportunity to build a relationship with a co-worker!
The following five tips are designed to help new and long-term employees to develop positive relationships in the workplace:
1. Always strive to do your best so that your co-workers will know that they can depend on you to do a good job.
2. Be responsible! If you say you are going to do a job, do your best to make sure it gets done. If for some reason you are unable to complete the task, find someone else that's equally qualified to do so. At MAU, our commitment to applicants, clients and employees is demonstrated through our slogan, "Consider it Done".
3. Be friendly to those around you! Don’t be afraid to start up conversations with your office mates so you can all begin to get to know each other better.
4. Try your best to maintain a positive attitude! Constant complaining tends to have a negative impact on relationships.
5. Make a concerted effort to develop trust between yourself and co-workers. At MAU, we believe that the best workplace relationships begin with trust. In order to create an environment of trust, internal MAU employees must complete a program called "Trust Building". This program enables employees to become more trustworthy in the workplace, as well as in their personal lives.
To receive career advice on a monthly basis, sign-up for MAU's Career Tips Newsletter.