You've survived the tough terrain of the job market! You've let MAU be your guide as we've navigated iconic interview styles, handled common interview questions, and reviewed some post-interview questions you should be asking. Your interview is now complete and it's time for the follow-up!
Following an interview, promptly (within 2 business days) write the interviewer a letter expressing appreciation and thanks for the interview. The wonderful thing about follow-up letters is that they can come in multiple formats. Thank-you letters can be hard copy typed, handwritten or e-mailed.
The purpose of the letter is to:
- Show appreciation for the employer's interest in you.
- Reiterate your interest in the position and in the organization.
- Review or remind the employer about your qualifications for the position. If you thought of something you forgot to mention in the interview, mention it in your follow-up / thank-you letter.
- Demonstrate that you have good manners and know to write a thank-you letter.
- Follow up with any information the employer may have asked you to provide after the interview.
Be prepared to land the job with additional interview and career tips from MAU.